1881 Census Returns:
Sunday 3rd April
Enumeration District 10 Folios 96-103 Enumerator: W.P. Fryer
National Archive (Reference: Piece TNA RG 11/4875)
Bishopdale Township: Part of Aysgarth U.C. Ecclesiastical Parish, comprising the Township of Bishopdale, which includes Dale Foot, New House Gill, Dadah, Ribba, Myres Garth, Smelter, Howgill, Dale Head or West Howgill, Kidstones, Longridge, Scarr Top, Cote Garth [West Newhouse] and the Rookery. The following information was recorded about each person: forename and surname; relationship to head of house; condition; marital status; age (separate columns for males and females); occupation; where born; county/place; name of street, place or road, and name and number or number of house and whether blind, deaf-and-dumb, imbecile or idiot, lunatic.
The whole of the Township of Bishopdale contained 87 inhabitants, of whom 44 were male and 43 were female. There were 18 houses, of which 16 were occupied and 2 were unoccupied.
Below is a transcript of the census return in tabular form. The 'Search' box at the top right hand corner can be used to find a surname, house name, occupation, birthplace or other element.